Skip to main content

Featured

4 arrested for disorderly conduct

Police arrested four people after noticing that some individuals were displaying protest items that contained seditious wordings, chanting and committing unlawful acts in the vicinity of Causeway Bay since the afternoon of June 3.   Police announced the arrests in a statement and explained that upon investigation, they arrested the four individuals on suspicion of disorder in public places and doing an act or acts with seditious intention.   Additionally, four other people suspected of breaching public peace were brought to the police station for further investigation.   The force stressed that they are highly concerned about people attempting to incite and provoke others to commit illegal acts that endanger national security, public order and public safety.   Apart from stepping up patrols and enhancing intelligence-gathering, Police added that they will closely monitor the situation of various districts and strive to prevent and combat crimes. http://dlvr.it/Sq8xN8

Airport runway site cluster detected

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating 28 additional COVID-19 cases, of which 26 are locally transmitted.   At a press briefing this afternoon, the centre’s Principal Medical & Health Officer Dr Albert Au said five new cases were found among workers at the Hong Kong International Airport Three-runway System construction site.   He said a total of nine cases have been recorded at the site.   Seven of the cases work under a single contract, while the other two patients work for another contract, Dr Au added.   “According to information provided by the Airport Authority and the contractors of different companies, their workers do not mix together and they work in different areas or parts of the reclamation island.   “Because the island is a very huge area and it is divided into different zones in which different contractors work in different areas, so the possibility of mixing between the workers of different companies in the construction site is very minimal.   “I think most of the risk is from sharing common facilities within the construction site such as the containers.”   Dr Au said about 6,000 workers will be required to undergo compulsory testing.   Among the local cases, six have unknown sources of infection and there are more than 40 preliminary positive cases.   Additionally, 11 buildings in Yau Tsim Mong District with sewage samples that tested positive have been included in the compulsory testing notice.   People who had been at those buildings for more than two hours from January 17 to 30 have to undergo testing by February 2.   If people subject to compulsory testing have previously undergone testing between January 28 and 30, they would be taken to have complied with the requirements set out in the notice.   The Government will set up mobile specimen collection stations at Sycamore Playground in Mong Kok and Lai On Estate in Sham Shui Po tomorrow, while the service period of the mobile specimen collection station at Man Wui Street, Ferry Point in Jordan will be extended to February 1.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Government's dedicated webpage.
http://dlvr.it/RrgHDN

Popular Posts