Skip to main content

Featured

Re-positive COVID-19 case reported

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional imported COVID-19 cases and a preliminary positive local case which is likely to be a re-positive one.   The centre's Communicable Disease Branch Head Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan told a press briefing this afternoon that the preliminary positive local case involves a 43-year-old man who has not been vaccinated against the virus yet.   He worked at construction sites at 248 Queen's Road East and Shiu Kin Lane in Wan Chai, and last worked on August 3.   The patient has tested negative under the regular testing requirement since May. His deep throat saliva sample submitted via regular testing on August 2 preliminarily tested positive with a Ct value of 36 to 38, which indicates a low viral load.   After admission to hospital on August 3, the patient tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies.   Dr Chuang said: “There ma

North Point restricted area set

The Government made a restriction-testing declaration at 7pm to require people at Blocks A, B, C and D of Tung Fat Building in North Point to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19 in accordance with its arrangement.   It exercised the power under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation (Cap 599J).   The restricted area refers to Blocks A, B, C and D of Tung Fat Building, Kam Ping Street.   Eight confirmed cases and five preliminary positive cases of COVID-19 recently occurred at Block C of Tung Fat Building, involving different units and floors.   After conducting a risk assessment, the Government decided that it is necessary to issue a restriction-testing declaration for the restricted area to break the transmission chain in the district and dispel the residents’ worries.   It will set up temporary specimen collection stations at the restricted area and request people subject to compulsory testing to undergo testing before 2am tomorrow.   They must also stay at their place of residence until all test results are ascertained to avoid the risk of cross-infection.   The Government will arrange door-to-door specimen collection for seniors and people with impaired mobility, or make arrangements for them to self-collect and submit the deep throat saliva specimen.   It strives to complete testing of all identified people subject to compulsory testing and confirm the results, as well as finish the exercise at around 7am tomorrow to allow residents to start getting to work.       Those who had undergone previous testing from January 26 to 28 and are able to provide the SMS notification or related certification containing the results are not required to be tested again.   However, they are required to stay in their premises until all people identified in the area have undergone testing and the results are mostly ascertained.   All people who had been at Blocks A, B, C and D of Tung Fat Building for more than two hours during the specified period, even if they were not in the restricted area at the time the declaration took effect, must undergo compulsory testing by the same time as mentioned above.   The Home Affairs Department has set up a hotline 2835 1473 for enquiries. The Social Welfare Department is also providing assistance to those affected.  
http://dlvr.it/RrZrRH

Popular Posts