Skip to main content

Featured

Enterprise backs outreach jab service

Secretary for the Civil Service Patrick Nip visited AIA Hong Kong & Macau today to view the administering of the BioNTech vaccine to about 400 people as arranged by the Government's outreach vaccination service.   Mr Nip said it is encouraging that various enterprises have joined the Government in promoting the Early Vaccination for All campaign and called on their employees to receive vaccination.   He hopes that vaccinated citizens will also encourage their family members and friends to get the jab to help build an immune barrier in Hong Kong.   The outreach vaccination programme has received enthusiastic support since its launch, with vaccination services provided for the Hong Kong Sports Institute, global professional services enterprises, property developers, financial institutions and more. http://dlvr.it/S4y8xb

People in restricted area test negative

The Government announced that the compulsory testing exercise for the restricted area in North Point finished at around 7am today and no positive cases were found.   It said from 7am, people in the restricted area who can present SMS notifications with negative test results or wear wristbands as proof of having undergone testing can leave the area.   The Government exercised the power under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation to make a restriction-testing declaration at 7pm on January 28, requiring people within the specified restricted area at Blocks A, B, C and D of Tung Fat Building at Kam Ping Street in North Point to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing.   They had to stay in their premises until all people in the area were tested and the test results were mostly ascertained.   Additionally, the Government issued compulsory testing notices earlier to those who had been at the building for more than two hours during a specified period to undergo mandatory testing even if they were not present in the restricted area at the time when the declaration took effect.   Twelve temporary specimen collection stations were set up in the restricted area to have people's combined nasal and throat swab samples collected for COVID-19 testing.   About 475 residents were tested as at 2am and no positive cases were found.   Meanwhile, the Government assigned staff to visit about 660 households. After deducting those in units 6 and 7 on all floors of Block C which have been put under quarantine, about 190 households did not answer the door.   Some of these households have confirmed cases or are undergoing quarantine, and some units are possibly vacant. The Government will take measures to follow up.
http://dlvr.it/RrZrRr

Popular Posts