Skip to main content

Featured

More HZMB private car quotas set

The governments of Hong Kong and Macau have agreed to increase the regular quotas for Hong Kong cross-boundary non-commercial private cars using the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to Macau, the Transport Department announced today.   The decision was made to enhance traffic flow between Hong Kong and Macau, better utilising the bridge, the department said.   It will increase the Hong Kong quota by 1,000, following the earlier quota allocation of 1,800 for Hong Kong.   The additional quota will be distributed in two phases from the second quarter.   Half of the additional 1,000 quota allocations is for company applicants and the other half is for individual applicants. The quotas are valid for no more than three years. The eligibility criteria of quota applications remains the same.   Private cars allocated with Hong Kong quotas will be permitted to access the city of Macau multiple times using the bridge.   The Hong Kong quota allotments will be re-allocated upon expiry thro

Restricted area in Jordan set up

The Government has made a restriction-testing declaration to require people within the specified restricted area in Jordan to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19 in accordance with its arrangement.   It exercised the power under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation (Cap 599J).   The restricted area runs from Woosung Street to its east, Nanking Street to its south, Battery Street to its west and Kansu Street to its north.   From January 1 to 20, the specified area in Yau Ma Tei to Jordan recorded 162 confirmed cases involving 56 buildings.       In the past few days, the ratio of sewage samples found in the buildings located in the restricted area being constantly tested positive for COVID-19 was higher than that of the other places in the specified area, which implies infected people might possibly be present at those places.   Additionally, such buildings in the restricted area are relatively old and lack maintenance. Sub-divided units are common and the infection risk in the community is quite high.   After conducting a risk assessment, the Government decided that it is necessary to issue a restriction-testing declaration for the restricted area to break the transmission chain in the district and dispel the residents’ worries.   The Government said it aims to achieve the goal of zero cases in the district through this exercise.   It strives to complete testing of all identified people subject to compulsory testing and confirm the results within 48 hours to allow residents to start getting to work around 6am on Monday.       Temporary specimen collection stations are in operation at the restricted area and people subject to compulsory testing must undergo testing before midnight today.   They must also stay at their place of residence until all test results are ascertained to avoid cross-infection risk.      Those who had undergone previous testing before the declaration came into effect, including the testing under compulsory testing notices, are required to undergo testing again.   The Home Affairs Department has set up two hotlines 2399 6949 and 2835 1473 for enquiries, and a dedicated hotline 3755 6816 for ethnic minorities. The Social Welfare Department is also providing assistance to affected people.       The Food & Health Bureau will also issue a compulsory testing notice covering all premises in the restricted area.   All people who had been present in the restricted area for more than two hours in the past 14 days, even if they were not present in the restricted area at the time when the declaration took effect, must undergo compulsory testing before midnight.
http://dlvr.it/RrBBkJ

Popular Posts