Skip to main content

Featured

Miscarriage queries answered

The Food & Health Bureau today said there is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccination will increase the risk of miscarriage for recipients.   It made the remarks in response to media enquiries on the number of miscarriage cases involving people who have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines.   From April 12 to May 9, there were 396 miscarriage cases for those without a vaccination record while the number of miscarriage cases for those who had a vaccination record was nine, according to the Hospital Authority's information.   There is so far no clinical evidence the miscarriage cases were caused by vaccines, the bureau emphasised.   It added that the overall rate of miscarriage in Hong Kong is similar to that recorded in the past three years. http://dlvr.it/RzhT7m

BidVertiser

13 COVID-19 cases identified

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating 13 additional COVID-19 cases, of which 12 are locally transmitted.   Among the local cases, eight are untraceable.   These unlinked cases involve a Ma Tau Kok Detention Centre detainee, a worker at Buddhist Sum Ma Shui Ying Care & Attention Home for the Elderly and a Caritas Lok Yi School student.   At a press briefing this afternoon, Centre for Health Protection Principal Medical & Health Officer Dr Albert Au said: “There was an increase in the number of COVID-19 cases with unknown sources of infection today, and the number of cases with unknown sources fluctuated in the past few days.”   Dr Au said he is worried that silent transmissions in the community, together with a large number of festive gatherings, may bring a surge of new cases.   “We are still worried because, for example, for today we have recorded eight unlinked cases. So there is evidence that there are still quite a number of silent transmissions in the community. Coupled with the large number of gatherings among the local population during the Chinese New Year, it is possible that some of the undetected cases may cause ongoing transmission in the community.   “It is possible that some of the people who have acquired the infection during the gatherings in the Chinese New Year still have not been detected yet. So we need to closely monitor the situation to see if there will be any upsurge in cases in the coming one to two weeks.”   Additionally, seven buildings with one or more new confirmed cases are now covered by the compulsory testing notice.   The Government will set up mobile specimen collection stations at North Point Community Hall, Yee On Centre in Kwun Tong and On Tin Estate in Lam Tin on February 20.   Meanwhile, the service period of the mobile station at Southorn Playground in Wan Chai will be extended to February 22.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Government's dedicated webpage.
http://dlvr.it/Rt43mz

Popular Posts