Skip to main content

Featured

Re-positive COVID-19 case reported

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional imported COVID-19 cases and a preliminary positive local case which is likely to be a re-positive one.   The centre's Communicable Disease Branch Head Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan told a press briefing this afternoon that the preliminary positive local case involves a 43-year-old man who has not been vaccinated against the virus yet.   He worked at construction sites at 248 Queen's Road East and Shiu Kin Lane in Wan Chai, and last worked on August 3.   The patient has tested negative under the regular testing requirement since May. His deep throat saliva sample submitted via regular testing on August 2 preliminarily tested positive with a Ct value of 36 to 38, which indicates a low viral load.   After admission to hospital on August 3, the patient tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies.   Dr Chuang said: “There ma

2 restricted areas set

The Government today made restriction-testing declarations to require people within the specified restricted areas in Yau Ma Tei and Mong Kok to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19.   The restricted areas include 7A-27A Pitt Street, 2-50 Tung On Street, 833-889 Canton Road and 10-16 Dundas Street in Yau Ma Tei as well as Mandarin Court, 647-651 Shanghai Street in Mong Kok.   After risk assessment, the Government believes it is necessary to issue restriction-testing declarations for the restricted areas to achieve the goal of zero cases in these districts with concerted efforts.   The declarations for Yau Ma Tei took effect at 7pm, while Mong Kok’s took effect at 8pm.   The Government will set up temporary specimen collection stations at the restricted areas and request people subject to compulsory testing in Yau Ma Tei to get tested before 2am. People within the Mong Kok restricted area have to get tested before midnight.   They will be arranged to undergo a nucleic acid test at specimen collection stations where staff will collect samples through combined nasal and throat swabs.   The Government will arrange door-to-door specimen collection for people with impaired mobility and seniors, or arrange for them to self-collect and submit the deep throat saliva specimens.   It aims to finish these exercises by around 7am tomorrow.   Those who have undergone testing from February 2 to 4 in the Yau Ma Tei restricted area and can provide the SMS notification or related certification containing the test results are not required to be tested again. But they must stay in their premises until all people in the area have been tested and the results are mostly ascertained.    The same applied to those who were tested from February 1 to 4 in the Mong Kok restricted areas.   According to the compulsory testing notice issued today, those who had been at these buildings for more than two hours from January 22 to February 4, even if they were not present in the restricted areas when the declaration took effect, must undergo compulsory testing by February 6.   The Government has prepared simple food and basic cleaning tools for the residents restricted by the declaration. The Home Affairs Department has set up a hotline 2835 1473 for these residents to make enquiries and seek assistance. The Social Welfare Department will also assist those affected.
http://dlvr.it/Rs3gwJ

Popular Posts