Skip to main content

Featured

Re-positive COVID-19 case reported

(To watch the full press briefing with sign language interpretation, click here.)   The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating two additional imported COVID-19 cases and a preliminary positive local case which is likely to be a re-positive one.   The centre's Communicable Disease Branch Head Dr Chuang Shuk-kwan told a press briefing this afternoon that the preliminary positive local case involves a 43-year-old man who has not been vaccinated against the virus yet.   He worked at construction sites at 248 Queen's Road East and Shiu Kin Lane in Wan Chai, and last worked on August 3.   The patient has tested negative under the regular testing requirement since May. His deep throat saliva sample submitted via regular testing on August 2 preliminarily tested positive with a Ct value of 36 to 38, which indicates a low viral load.   After admission to hospital on August 3, the patient tested positive for COVID-19 antibodies.   Dr Chuang said: “There ma

2 restricted areas set

The Government today made restriction-testing declarations to require people within specified restricted areas in Tuen Mun and To Kwa Wan to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19.   The restricted areas include Tower 9, Hong Kong Gold Coast Phase 2, 1 Castle Peak Road in Tuen Mun and Wah Fat Building, 4-6 Ma Hang Chung Road in To Kwa Wan.   The declaration for Tuen Mun took effect from 8.30pm, while To Kwa Wan’s took effect at 8pm.   Temporary specimen collection stations will be set up at the restricted areas. The Government will request people subject to compulsory testing to undergo testing before 2am on February 7 in Tuen Mun and midnight in To Kwa Wan.   People who need to be tested will be arranged to undergo nucleic acid testing at the specimen collection stations where staff will collect samples through combined nasal and throat swabs.   The Government will arrange door-to-door specimen collection for those with impaired mobility and seniors.   It aims to end both exercises at about 7am tomorrow.   People in both restricted areas who have undergone testing from February 4 to 6 and can provide the SMS notification containing the test results are not required to be tested again. However, they must stay in their premises until all people in both areas have been tested and the results are mostly ascertained.    Anyone who had been present at the buildings for more than two hours from January 24 to February 6, even if they were not present in the restricted areas at the time the declaration took effect, must undergo compulsory testing by February 8.   The Government has prepared simple food and basic cleaning supplies for residents restricted by the declarations. The Home Affairs Department has set up a hotline 2835 1473 for residents to make enquiries and seek assistance.   The Social Welfare Department will also assist those affected.
http://dlvr.it/RsBJqc

Popular Posts