Skip to main content

Featured

More HZMB private car quotas set

The governments of Hong Kong and Macau have agreed to increase the regular quotas for Hong Kong cross-boundary non-commercial private cars using the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to Macau, the Transport Department announced today.   The decision was made to enhance traffic flow between Hong Kong and Macau, better utilising the bridge, the department said.   It will increase the Hong Kong quota by 1,000, following the earlier quota allocation of 1,800 for Hong Kong.   The additional quota will be distributed in two phases from the second quarter.   Half of the additional 1,000 quota allocations is for company applicants and the other half is for individual applicants. The quotas are valid for no more than three years. The eligibility criteria of quota applications remains the same.   Private cars allocated with Hong Kong quotas will be permitted to access the city of Macau multiple times using the bridge.   The Hong Kong quota allotments will be re-allocated upon expiry thro

CE attends bay area ceremony

Chief Executive Carrie Lam today attended the Greater Bay Area - Starting Line to a Bright Future ceremony with youth development as the theme.   The event was held by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government to mark the second anniversary of the promulgation of the Outline Development Plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.   Guangdong Province Vice Governor Zhang Xin also joined the event and addressed the ceremony via a recorded video.   The central government promulgated the Outline Development Plan on February 18 last year, which sets out the directions guiding the bay area development.   The Hong Kong SAR Government is committed to giving new impetus to Hong Kong's economic development through participating in the Greater Bay Area development. It will also step up its publicity and promotional efforts to encourage Hong Kong people to participate more proactively in the development.   Speaking at the ceremony, Mrs Lam said: “Young people are brimming with energy and vitality, and are full of hope and vision for their future. The Greater Bay Area provides a stage to realise their aspirations.    “The Hong Kong SAR Government wishes to encourage Hong Kong young people to aim high and explore opportunities beyond Hong Kong, and unleash their potential on a bigger platform through starting a new business or pursuing a career of their interest in the Greater Bay Area.   “With the support from our society, I am very confident that Hong Kong young people will be able to seize the opportunities of the Greater Bay Area to realise their aspirations.”   Today’s event also included the We Venture launching ceremony to announce the list of funded organisations under two funding schemes, one for youth entrepreneurship in the bay area and another for experiential programmes at innovation and entrepreneurial bases in the area.   There was also a launching ceremony for the Greater Bay Area Youth Employment Scheme, an initiative in the 2020 Policy Address that encourages and supports young people to work in the Mainland cities of the bay area and leverage the opportunities for career advancement.   The scheme provides 2,000 places, including 700 places designated for innovation and technology posts. The response has been favourable, with about 1,400 vacancies received since the scheme's launch last month.   The life record documentary Starting Line at the Bay Area was also officially launched. Featuring the life stories of 10 Hong Kong people living in different bay area Mainland cities, the programme will be broadcast on channel 81 every Sunday evening from February 28.
http://dlvr.it/RtbKBL

Popular Posts