Skip to main content

Featured

Policy Address measures highlighted

Secretary for Commerce & Economic Development Edward Yau today briefed members of the Trade & Industry Advisory Board on initiatives related to commerce and trade in the 2021 Policy Address.   Mr Yau said the Policy Address focuses on integration into national development and states that the developments of Hong Kong and the nation are closely related.   While the nation is the major growth engine and driving force for the global economy, the 14th Five-Year Plan, the Outline Development Plan for the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, the Qianhai plan, the economic development pattern of not only greater domestic circulation but also domestic and international dual circulation, as well as the Belt & Road Initiative have brought unlimited opportunities for enterprises and professional services providers in Hong Kong.   The city must seize these opportunities and leverage its advantages, Mr Yau noted.   During the meeting, the commerce chief stressed that Hong

Laguna City restricted area set

The Government made a restriction-testing declaration to require people at Blocks 5 and 7 of Laguna City in Lam Tin to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing for COVID-19 in accordance with its arrangement from 7pm.   It exercised the power under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation (Cap 599J).   The restricted area refers to Blocks Block 5 and Block 7 of Laguna City.   The Government explained that it issued compulsory testing notices for these two blocks after outbreaks in the area remained severe. From January 18 to 29, a total of 15 confirmed COVID-19 cases were recorded in the blocks concerned.   It said it understands that around 1,200 residents from the two blocks already underwent testing at the testing station set up at Sai Tso Wan Neighbourhood Community Centre in Kwun Tong from January 22 to 24 and from January 29 to 31.   After conducting a risk assessment, the Government decided that it is necessary to issue a restriction-testing declaration for the restricted area to break the transmission chain in the district and dispel the residents’ worries.   It will set up temporary specimen collection stations at the restricted area and request people subject to compulsory testing to undergo testing before 2am tomorrow.   They must also stay at their place of residence until all test results are ascertained to avoid the risk of cross-infection.   The Government will arrange door-to-door specimen collection for seniors and people with impaired mobility, or make arrangements for them to self-collect and submit the deep throat saliva specimen.   It strives to complete testing of all identified people subject to compulsory testing and confirm the results, as well as finish the exercise at around 7am tomorrow to allow residents to start getting to work.       Those who had undergone previous testing from January 29 to 31 and are able to provide the SMS notification or related certification containing the results are not required to be tested again.   However, they are required to stay in their premises until all people identified in the area have undergone testing and the results are mostly ascertained.   All people who had been at Blocks 5 and 7 for more than two hours from January 29 to 31, even if they were not in the restricted area at the time the declaration took effect, must undergo compulsory testing by the same time as mentioned above.   The Home Affairs Department has set up a hotline 2756 0665 for enquiries. The Social Welfare Department is also providing assistance to those affected.
http://dlvr.it/Rrm5h3

Popular Posts