Skip to main content

Featured

Land sale plan announced

(To watch the full press conference with sign language interpretation, click here.)   Secretary for Development Michael Wong announced the Government's 2021-22 Land Sale Programme today.   Fifteen residential sites are on the list. Four are on Hong Kong Island, one in Kowloon and 10 in the New Territories. They will provide about 6,000 units.   There will be three railway property development projects - two in Tung Chung and one in Tseung Kwan O Pak Shing Kok which can provide about 4,050 flats.   Meanwhile, the Urban Renewal Authority (URA) plans to take forward six projects, providing about 3,170 flats.   Mr Wong said: "Taking also into consideration the forecasted land supply from the projects of the MTR Corporation and the URA, as well as private development/redevelopment projects, the total potential private housing land supply in 2021-22 is estimated to have a capacity to produce about 16,500 flats."   He noted that the actual supply of private housing l

BidVertiser

No virus cases in 4 restricted areas

The Government announced that the compulsory testing exercises and enforcement operations for the restricted areas in Tsim Sha Tsui, Yuen Long, Hung Hom and Yau Ma Tei finished today with no positive cases found.   It said after the compulsory testing exercises have been completed, people in the restricted areas who can present SMS notifications with negative test results or are wearing wristbands as proof of having undergone testing can leave the areas.   The Government exercised the power under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation on February 1 to make restriction-testing declarations, requiring people within the four specified restricted areas to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing.   They had to stay in their premises until all people in the areas were tested and the test results were mostly ascertained.   Additionally, the Government issued compulsory testing notices to those who had been at these buildings for more than two hours from January 19 to February 1 to undergo compulsory testing by February 3 even if they were not present in the restricted areas when the declarations took effect.   The Government set up temporary specimen collection stations at the restricted areas and requested people subject to mandatory testing to have their combined nasal and throat swab samples collected for COVID-19 testing.   About 265 residents in the Tsim Sha Tsui restricted area, 172 in the Yuen Long one, 1,006 in Hung Hom, and 260 in Yau Ma Tei were tested, and no new confirmed cases were found.   Enforcement actions were carried out immediately after the compulsory testing exercises to verify that all people in the restricted areas had undergone testing.   Twenty people, including one from the Tsim Sha Tsui restricted area, three from Hung Hom and 16 from Yau Ma Tei, who did not undergo mandatory testing were fined a fixed penalty of $5,000 and issued with a compulsory testing order.   Meanwhile, the Government assigned staff to visit a total of about 680 households in the four restricted areas, of which more than 100 did not answer the door. Some of them are vacant units or used as a warehouse.   Those who did not answer the door are urged to contact the Government for arranging testing as soon as possible.
http://dlvr.it/Rrs7k3

Popular Posts