Skip to main content

Featured

Miscarriage queries answered

The Food & Health Bureau today said there is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccination will increase the risk of miscarriage for recipients.   It made the remarks in response to media enquiries on the number of miscarriage cases involving people who have been inoculated with COVID-19 vaccines.   From April 12 to May 9, there were 396 miscarriage cases for those without a vaccination record while the number of miscarriage cases for those who had a vaccination record was nine, according to the Hospital Authority's information.   There is so far no clinical evidence the miscarriage cases were caused by vaccines, the bureau emphasised.   It added that the overall rate of miscarriage in Hong Kong is similar to that recorded in the past three years. http://dlvr.it/RzhT7m

BidVertiser

Travel bubble safeguards in place

The travel bubble arrangement between Hong Kong and Singapore includes additional safeguards, but both sides will continue to monitor the COVID-19 epidemic situation, Secretary for Commerce & Economic Development Edward Yau said today.   After attending an event, Mr Yau told reporters Hong Kong was currently enjoying a relatively stable and low-risk situation.   “We have seen the number of cases, particularly those unlinked local cases, come down to a very low level. We hope this will be maintained.   “At the same time, we are also seeing Singapore, despite some cases, by and large staying within the range that we have agreed upon for the suspension or resumption.   “So, at the moment, we are keeping an eye on this development and will see how things go.”   Mr Yau assured travellers that both places have strengthened their safeguards and would be on the alert for any changes in the epidemic situation.   “The most recent agreement has additional built-in safeguards, including an additional three-day observation on the daily number of unlinked local cases at a lower level, and the requirement to stay in the respective cities for 14 days before embarking on the travel bubble without counting the quarantine requirement for those passengers coming from a third place.   “All these are the measures that we have put in place. Of course we will stay very alert. If circumstances get worse, we will see whether there is a need to adjust them; if things are going smoothly, stably and safely, I think it is everybody's wish to have the scheme proceed as planned to be launched on May 26.”
http://dlvr.it/Rz2Cfl

Popular Posts