Skip to main content

Featured

More HZMB private car quotas set

The governments of Hong Kong and Macau have agreed to increase the regular quotas for Hong Kong cross-boundary non-commercial private cars using the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to Macau, the Transport Department announced today.   The decision was made to enhance traffic flow between Hong Kong and Macau, better utilising the bridge, the department said.   It will increase the Hong Kong quota by 1,000, following the earlier quota allocation of 1,800 for Hong Kong.   The additional quota will be distributed in two phases from the second quarter.   Half of the additional 1,000 quota allocations is for company applicants and the other half is for individual applicants. The quotas are valid for no more than three years. The eligibility criteria of quota applications remains the same.   Private cars allocated with Hong Kong quotas will be permitted to access the city of Macau multiple times using the bridge.   The Hong Kong quota allotments will be re-allocated upon expiry thro

Voucher scheme well received

Secretary for Financial Services & the Treasury Christopher Hui today said the community’s overall response to the Consumption Voucher Scheme is very positive after the first batch of vouchers was disbursed.   The first $2,000 consumption voucher was disbursed to about 5.5 million eligible people on August 1.   Answering lawmakers’ questions today, Mr Hui said the scheme is generally welcomed by the public and businesses and has successfully boosted and stimulated consumer sentiment.   He noted that the four stored value facility operators and a lot of shopping centres and merchants have seized the opportunity to introduce extra promotions to attract people to spend, adding that such additional promotions will reinforce the multiplier effect of the electronic consumption vouchers.   As the vouchers are disbursed in instalments, Mr Hui believes that the enthusiastic consumer sentiment will continue in the second half of the year, leading to growth of the local retail, catering and service sectors, and boosting the overall local economy.   The Government had estimated earlier that there would be around 7.2 million eligible people, involving about $36 billion and expected that the scheme would boost local economic growth by 0.7 percentage points.
http://dlvr.it/S6JrHY

Popular Posts