Skip to main content

Featured

More HZMB private car quotas set

The governments of Hong Kong and Macau have agreed to increase the regular quotas for Hong Kong cross-boundary non-commercial private cars using the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to Macau, the Transport Department announced today.   The decision was made to enhance traffic flow between Hong Kong and Macau, better utilising the bridge, the department said.   It will increase the Hong Kong quota by 1,000, following the earlier quota allocation of 1,800 for Hong Kong.   The additional quota will be distributed in two phases from the second quarter.   Half of the additional 1,000 quota allocations is for company applicants and the other half is for individual applicants. The quotas are valid for no more than three years. The eligibility criteria of quota applications remains the same.   Private cars allocated with Hong Kong quotas will be permitted to access the city of Macau multiple times using the bridge.   The Hong Kong quota allotments will be re-allocated upon expiry thro

Re-positive COVID-19 case reported

The "cruise-to-nowhere" itinerary of a cruise ship scheduled today was cancelled after the Department of Health identified a suspected re-positive case in the regular COVID-19 testing for crew members.   The Centre for Health Protection said the case involves 40-year-old crew member of Spectrum of the Seas. He had received two doses of Sinovac vaccination in April and May.   According to information provided by the cruise company, the crew member tested positive for COVID-19 in Malaysia in July. He tested negative for the virus for more than 10 times after he arrived in Hong Kong in August.   His sample collected on October 19 on board the cruise tested positive for the virus with a very low viral load. The patient has been asymptomatic.   Based on the epidemiological and laboratory findings, the case is compatible with a suspected re-positive overseas case.   Upon identification of the suspected re-positive case, the sailing of the cruise ship scheduled for departure from the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal at 7pm was cancelled in accordance with the contingency management mechanism devised for "cruise-to-nowhere" itineraries.   The patient was on board the ship scheduled to embark on the trip with about 1,200 passengers. About 1,000 passengers boarded the ship today, but he did not have direct contact with the passengers while on board.   The patient had worked on the same ship in two other cruise trips within this month. As a prudent measure, the ship will be included in a compulsory testing notice under which people who had been on board for more than two hours from 30 September to October 21 have to undergo testing by October 23. Close contacts will be put under quarantine.   Epidemiological investigation and contact tracing of the case will continue.
http://dlvr.it/SB4V7C

Popular Posts