Skip to main content

Featured

More HZMB private car quotas set

The governments of Hong Kong and Macau have agreed to increase the regular quotas for Hong Kong cross-boundary non-commercial private cars using the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge to Macau, the Transport Department announced today.   The decision was made to enhance traffic flow between Hong Kong and Macau, better utilising the bridge, the department said.   It will increase the Hong Kong quota by 1,000, following the earlier quota allocation of 1,800 for Hong Kong.   The additional quota will be distributed in two phases from the second quarter.   Half of the additional 1,000 quota allocations is for company applicants and the other half is for individual applicants. The quotas are valid for no more than three years. The eligibility criteria of quota applications remains the same.   Private cars allocated with Hong Kong quotas will be permitted to access the city of Macau multiple times using the bridge.   The Hong Kong quota allotments will be re-allocated upon expiry thro

HK records 1 more COVID-19 case

The Centre for Health Protection today said it is investigating one additional imported COVID-19 case involving the L452R mutant strain.   The case concerns a 34-year-old woman who is a foreign domestic helper who arrived from the Philippines. She tested positive during quarantine at the Penny's Bay Quarantine Centre.   The centre also reminded specified people in relation to Tower 1, 2 and 3, Hampton Place in Tai Kok Tsui to undergo testing tomorrow in accordance with the compulsory testing notice. The Government will reopen the mobile specimen collection station at the open-air car park on G/F, Hampton Place tomorrow to provide free testing service for people subject to compulsory testing.   The service period of the mobile specimen collection stations at Edinburgh Place in Central, Wong Tai Sin Square, Lai Kok Community Hall in Cheung Sha Wan, MacPherson Playground in Mong Kok, Sha Tsui Road Playground in Tsuen Wan and Tin Shui Sports Centre in Tin Shui Wai will be extended to December 5.   Additionally, since a preliminary positive imported COVID-19 case had stayed in Hong Kong during the incubation period, one specified premises is included in the compulsory testing notice. Also, people who had been present at five places in relation to three previous imported cases who had stayed in Hong Kong during the incubation period have to undergo additional testing. Those who have completed a COVID-19 vaccination course still need to get tested.   Furthermore, one school where an outbreak of upper respiratory tract infection or influenza-like illness occurred has been covered in the same compulsory testing notice. People who have finished their jab course can be exempted.   A total of 36 cases were reported in Hong Kong in the past 14 days, all of which are imported.   For information and health advice on COVID-19, visit the Government's dedicated webpage.
http://dlvr.it/SCrwR6

Popular Posts